Sixty-four New Cases Take Meghalaya’s Covid Tally To 85,085

0
175
Sixty-four New Cases Take Meghalaya’s Covid Tally To 85,085


Ad

Meghalaya reported 64 new cases of COVID-19 on Friday, 26 fewer than the day before, and the number rose to 85,085, a health department official said. Of the new cases, 55 were detected in the East Khasi Hills district, three each in Ri Bhoi and West Garo Hills and one in West Jaintia Hills, West Khasi Hills and North Garo Hills, said Health Services Director Dr Aman War.

The death toll remained at 1,485, as no new deaths were reported due to the infection, the official said. During the day, fourteen other people were cured of the disease, bringing the total number of recoveries to 83,338. Meghalaya now has 262 active cases. Deputy Prime Minister Prestone Tynsong said no new cases of the new Omicron variant of coronavirus in the state had been reported.

Of the four patients infected with the new strain, three have already recovered and one is in treatment, he told reporters after a review meeting on the state of COVID-19 in the state. People with symptoms of COVID-19 are being asked to get tested, he said, adding that the state government has focused on testing and treating to contain the spread of the disease.

“Symptomatic patients are advised to go strictly to home isolation for seven days, while those who are asymptomatic should complete five-day home isolation. Their condition will be monitored by paramedics,” said MP CM Those entering the state are required to submit negative RT-PCR reports, no longer than 72 hours, regardless of whether they are vaccinated or not. sample testing for COVID-19.

More than 21.36 thousand people have been inoculated with 8,92,384 of them receiving the two doses of vaccines, he said. The deputy minister also announced that from January 10, a vaccination campaign will begin to administer precautionary doses to the elderly. “It simply came to our notice then. The health department is now preparing for the start of the vaccination campaign for the booster dose starting next week. First, we will start giving the jab booster to those who are 60 or older. Our second target would be health workers and front-line workers, “he said.

This is in line with the direction issued Thursday by the Ministry of Family Health and Welfare in all states and union territories on the need to administer the “precautionary dose” to all health professionals, front-line workers and the elderly. Several immunized people are contracting the disease, but the need for hospitalization is less for them, Tynsong said, while stressing the need for the inoculation program.

-With PTI tickets

.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here