Dimapur, June 6 (EMN): A garment shop was gutted when a major fire broke out at Hazi Park in Dimapur on Monday night.
Police personnel from the central fire station told Eastern Mirror that four fire tenders – three from central and one from west fire station – were pressed into action on receiving a call at around 8:19 pm and the fire was doused off at around 9:15 pm.
The source said that they were able to stop the fire from spreading to other shops in the vicinity due to timely intervention.
The cause of fire is said to be due to electrical short circuit.
No casualties were reported and the estimated damage to properties will be ascertained only on Tuesday, said the source.